WHAT HELP CAN I GET TO START A BUSINESS IN TASMANIA OR MOVE A BUSINESS TO TASMANIA?
Business Tasmania provides business support and start up support for Tasmanian micro, small and medium enterprises (SME). Whether you are in the planning stage, starting up or already established, Business Tasmania online is designed to help you quickly and easily find the information you need.
Switch Tasmania provides the Digital Solutions Program for small business via the Government funded, Australian Small Business Advisory Service (ASBAS), while also working in conjunction with the APEX Club (Ulverstone) to offer you SWITCH SPACES – A unique, professional and commercial co-working, collaborative environment, offering you a universal, viable alternative to conventional, serviced or home work space. This allows working individuals or small business, the space to grow and develop their entrepreneurial dream and vision.
Braddon Business Centre will provide you with the management support that you require to help you develop new opportunities and find practical, innovative solutions to your current problems.
Office of the Coordinator General (OCG) is the primary point of access to government for investors. The office is responsible for attracting and securing investment in major development projects in Tasmania that maximise their contribution to Tasmania’s economic growth. The Coordinator-General will help streamline the Tasmanian business environment, promote competitiveness and assist with the assessment and approval of investment opportunities. In the Cradle Coast region, the OCG contact is at Harris Building 47-49 Cattley Street, Burnie Phone: +61 3 6777 2786. Email: email@example.com
AusIndustry is a federal government agency that can connecting you to information, grants, registrations and support to help your business succeed in Australia. Leaha Dent is the AusIndustry Regional manager for Northern Tasmania and can provide assistance to businesses on a one on one basis regarding what grants and programs are available and help prepare grant submissions. Call her on 0428549714 or email Leaha.firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Interest Loans Scheme (NILs) Micro Business Loan provides no interest loans up to $3000 and associated local business development advice and support. Support is accessed through Enterprise centres in Tasmania and is available to health care card holders or pensioners.
Regional Investment Corporation (RIC) is a Federal Government-backed specialist finance provider for farmers and farm-related small businesses. Their loan programs encourage growth, investment and resilience in Australia’s regional communities. Eligible farms can borrow up to $2M for up to 10 years at a low interest rate.
NETWORKING AND ADVICE
CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE
- Tasmanian Chamber of Commerce
- Business North West
- Devonport Chamber of Commerce
- Central Coast Chamber of Commerce
- King Island Chamber of Commerce
- Stanley Chamber of Commerce
- Ignite North West Women support entrepreneurial minded women on the North West Coast of Tasmania. They are passionate and determined to create a supportive environment to empower women on the coast. They support enterprising women through personal & professional development and uniqueness and authenticity in business, driving change and celebrating success.
- Cradle Coast Market is a low cost online shopfront for retailers, market operators and service providers has been established to support small businesses in the Cradle Coast. Business North West and Devonport Chamber of Commerce who built the site will also help your business get online and start selling.
- Cradle to Coast Tasting Trail is a membership based promotion of the food businesses in the region. A food trail assist you in discovering all the finest produce Tasmania’s beautiful, bountiful North West region has to offer.
FURTHER FUNDING AND INVESTMENT SUPPORT
Austrade focuses on export grant assistance for growing and expanding businesses.
Tasmania’s Department of State Growth provide advice for businesses and offers grants and loans to assist in professional and sector development in Tasmania. For example, Agri-business and other loan schemes and an advanced manufacturing growth scheme. They have assistance with skilled migration, trade and international relations and mentoring support.
Business Tasmania can provide information on a wide range of services available to business and refer you to the appropriate organisations for help. Call 1800440026.
Dept. of State Growth can also provide information on mentoring, rapid assistance for skills remediation, freight, red tape reduction and cultural and tourism development. Advice on specific sectors are available including Advanced Manufacturing, Cultural and tourism industry development, Forestry, Mining and mineral processing, Antarctic and Southern ocean, Defence, Information, communication and technology, Renewable energy, Building and construction, Food and agribusiness, International education and Science.
ARENA funds projects that can help accelerate renewable energy in Australia.
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Cyber Security
- Food and Agri-Business
- Oil, Gas and Energy