An ambitious 12 month project led by Councils in partnership with CCA Regional Economic Development Unit and National Joblink to deliver a two stage program to create more jobs and better jobs for the Cradle Coast region.
- Providing 70 jobseekers with employability skills training and work experience with councils.
- Employment pathway mapping for current and future council jobs.
- Clarify future workforce gaps and requirements.
- Refine recruitment processes so they are more visible and easier to navigate for jobseekers.
- Build connectivity and information sharing between the HR departments of the nine councils.
CCA will deliver a two-stage program in partnership with councils and National Joblink.
Stage 1 will see participants complete a two-week Employability Skills Program tailored to local government careers. The training will be delivered by National Joblink – held across the Cradle Coast region.
Stage 2 will involve intensively supported work placements within councils. All Cradle Coast councils will be provided with the opportunity to participate and host supported work placements.
This 12 month project will address the future shortfall of skilled workers for councils in the Cradle Coast region and will open pathways for education attainment and career opportunities for local job seekers.