Successful recipients of the Round 1 of the Cattle Hill Wind Farm community fund have been announced.
Five community projects are being supported through the community fund:
– Steppes Hall – Maintenance
– Bothwell Golf Club – Storage facility
– Bothwell Golf Club – Youth training
– Great Lakes Community Centre, Greenhouse & Men’s Shed
– Bothwell Wellness Group – Weekly exercise class
The Cattle Hill wind farm Community Fund (CHWFCF) gives financial support to community groups, organisations and projects that provide a benefit to a broad proportion of the local community. CHWFCF will provide $2,500 per installed wind turbine annually, totaling $120,000 per annum. The key aim is to enable local not-for-profit groups, organisations and projects to make a positive and enduring contribution to the local community.
Round Two will open for applications in 2022, dates to be confirmed.
You can find out more about the fund and eligibility here
Image: Members of The Great Lakes Community Centre