What are electric vehicles?
Electric vehicles are any vehicle that uses electricity for propulsion. EVs include Cars, Bicycles, Trucks, Vans, Aeroplanes, Trains, Motorbikes, ATVs, Buses, Boats and more!
The Australian Electric Vehicle Association (AEVA) is a volunteer run, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the cause of switching Australia’s transport networks to electric drive as quickly as possible. Formed after the oil price shocks of 1973, the AEVA is the longest continuously running Electric Vehicle society in the world. They represent all EV users and enthusiasts and are more than happy to offer jargon-free advice on which EV is right for you. They also work with government and industry to help transition to electric drive.
The Tasmanian branch of the AEVA was formed in 2015. They regularly initiate and attend events throughout the state, showing their vehicles and offering information for patrons. They also run our own test drive days, giving people the chance to drive an EV for themselves. Branch meetings are held every two months, at various places around the state. See the Tas branch website for a list of events.
- Want to know what models of electric vehicles are offered in Australia? See the handy guide on AEVA’s website here.
- Interested in converting a vehicle to electric? AEVA have a number of articles, plus a vibrant Australian forum all linked here.
- Curious as to how to charge your EV? Read AEVA’s articles and check out the maps here.
- Like to know more about owning and maintaining an electric vehicle in Tasmania? Check out this article.
- Would your organisation benefit from a visit by one of AEVA’s members? They can provide one-off talks at meetings, or organise training days where required. Their contact information is on our website here.
For Tasmanians discussing their EVs, charging stations etc., head to AEVA Tas Facebook
For all the latest EV news, head to AEVA National Facebook
AEVA website: https://aeva.asn.au/
See the video of AEVA at Cradle Mountain!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58RdMi9LrUM
Have a question? Get in touch, we’d love to chat with you.